On Wednesday, U.S. Concrete CEO Bill Sandbrook and employees from Superior Concrete Materials, U.S. Concrete's Washington, D.C. business unit, joined President Trump for his Pledge to America’s Workers event. Companies and organizations from across the country are backing the President and signing the pledge to the American worker, to educate and train more than six million workers.
EULESS, Texas, Nov. 1, 2018 -- U.S. Concrete, Inc. (NASDAQ: USCR), a leading producer of construction materials in select major markets across the United States, today reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2018.
THIRD QUARTER 2018 HIGHLIGHTS COMPARED TO THIRD QUARTER 2017
- Consolidated revenue increased 14.0% to $404.3 million, an all-time quarterly high
- Ready-mixed concrete revenue increased 7.0% to $346.2 million
- Ready-mixed concrete volume grew by 5.8%
- Aggregate products revenue increased 155.4% to $53.5 million, an all-time quarterly high
- Aggregate products volume increased 113.8% to 3.2 million tons, an all-time quarterly high
- Polaris Materials acquisition contributed revenue and volume of $28.2 million and 1.6 million tons, respectively, both all-time quarterly highs
- Ready-mixed concrete backlog increased 1.9% to 8.1 million cubic yards
- Net cash provided by operating activities increased $11.3 million to $42.4 million
- Adjusted Free Cash Flow increased $29.1 million to $45.5 million
EULESS, Texas, Sept. 6, 2018 -- U.S. Concrete, Inc. (NASDAQ: USCR) ("U.S. Concrete" or the "Company"), a leading national supplier of ready-mixed concrete and aggregates, today announced that it has expanded its aggregates business in Texas with the acquisition of Leon River Aggregate Materials, LLC ("Leon River"), a sand and gravel producer based in Proctor, Texas. The acquisition adds over 400 acres of land with reserves to the Company's operations and a state-of-the-art processing plant to achieve the highest efficiencies.
EULESS, Texas, Sept. 5, 2018 -- U.S. Concrete, Inc. (NASDAQ: USCR) ("U.S. Concrete" or the "Company"), a leading national supplier of ready-mixed concrete and aggregates, today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Polaris Materials ("Polaris"), has obtained the necessary permits to increase the amount of aggregates it imports at its terminal located in Long Beach, California. As a result of the new permit, Polaris is now able to deliver up to two million tons of highly specified aggregates annually, effectively doubling its throughput capacity in supply-constrained Southern California.
Investment continues Central Concrete’s legacy of creating affordable, stronger, greener concrete.
SAN JOSE, Calif., August 21, 2018 — Central Concrete Supply Co., Inc. (“Central Concrete”), a northern California business unit of U.S. Concrete, Inc. (NASDAQ:USCR) (“U.S. Concrete” or the “Company”) announced that it has adopted the CarbonCure Technology to further reduce the carbon footprint of its concrete mixes. This investment continues Central Concrete’s legacy of designing and delivering high-performance, low-carbon mixes.
U.S. Concrete's North Texas business unit, Redi-Mix Concrete, made a powerful statement during the Verizon IndyCar Series race weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. Redi-Mix began the weekend with a hiring booth at TMS' Fan Zone to recruit CDL drivers for their concrete and aggregates divisions. Driver positions have proved difficult to fill for many companies, so Redi-Mix took recruitment to the next level.
During the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s annual convention in Houston, we are presenting our first-ever State of the Concrete Industry on Sunday, March 4th at 8:00 AM CST.
Topics: Build With Strength
Bill Sandbrook, our CEO, was a guest on Fox Business Network’s Morning’s With Maria this morning. In the lengthy segment, which can be viewed below, Bill talks about the condition of infrastructure across the country and the significant need for Washington to no longer kick the can down the road when it comes to investing in infrastructure.
In the interview, he notes that:
- There are $4 trillion in infrastructure needs right now;
- The ASCE recently gave the country's infrastructure a D-plus rating;
- There are 56,000 structurally deficient U.S. bridges;
- The World Economic dropped U.S. infrastructure to sixteenth in the world from fifth;
- The Business Roundtable only rated four U.S. airports in the top 50 worldwide;
- U.S. motorists lose $523 annually in additional vehicle operating costs as a result of driving on roads in need of repair; and
- The gas tax hasn’t been raised since August 10, 1993 – prior to Amazon's existence!
U.S. Concrete CEO Bill Sandbrook was recently featured in the podcast "Dose of Leadership," a podcast that profiles leaders in business around the country. In the podcast, he explains how he was able to take a company recovering from bankruptcy into one of the nation's most crucial concrete suppliers.
This year’s National Ready-Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) National Mixer Driver Championship’s first prize was awarded to Edward "Eddie" Rieper. Eddie is a mixer driver for U.S. Concrete's New Jersey business unit, Eastern Concrete Materials. The competition was held last weekend at the Gaylord Texan Resort Hotel & Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas, in conjunction with NRMCA’s ConcreteWorks.